Sunday, July 6, 2014

When the levees break



When the levees break, where will I go?

The cool breeze that buffets my Kansas porch, twice a year,  will no longer exist

When the levees break, who will I turn to?

No one can cope any better or worse than  another, as long as they survive.

When the levees break, who will I become?

The hero or the villain?



No one can tell us these answers. This is something we experience ourselves, learning how to wade in the murky depths where all colors are shades of grey, but there is hope -- do the levees have to break?

 I sit here in my comfy chair, in my comfy childhood house, pondering life, even as its experiences are so far away. I watch the news, wondering to myself, is there anything Stephanie can do? Then I click the remote and press my head against my pillow, falling into a deep, restful sleep -- those answers can wait until tomorrow.

But, they can't.

If we don't start coming up with the answers today then nothing will ever change, because it will always be put off until tomorrow.

So let's do that! Let's start a conversation, stop glossing over the important matters or letting our personal bias cloud us from the overarching themes in this world.

If we all try, we can save the world together.


photo credit: OmahaUSACE via photopin cc

1 comment:

  1. I really like the idea of your blog because it answers questions that no one ever thinks about. This is an issue that we should all focus on and I am glad you have a blog about it.

    ReplyDelete