Sunday, July 13, 2014

Supplement your Current Lifestyle with Vegetarian Staples

Vegetarian living doesn't have to be boring.



It doesn't have to be bland or unappetizing either.                                 

In fact, to have a great impact on the world, you don't even need to stop eating meat, you just have to learn how to make wise choices about what you consume and how many resources it takes to make your delicious hamburger. 


So, you've had your breakfast for the day. Probably some cereal or some eggs (all of which is considered alright to consume when responsibly raised and cared for under a vegetarian diet) but later on you decide you want something to snack on. Well, P.E.T.A. (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) has a vested interest in finding as many types of food as possible that help you help animals and the environment, so they made a vegan shopping guide!


In this guide you can find baking goods, baked goods, beverages, snacks, staple foods and more. With foods on the snacks such as Oreos and Monster Energy Drinks on the list, you don't have to worry about never being able to enjoy your splurges -- all they're attempting to do is replace your protein needs with sustainable and non-harmful alternatives.

Personally, the way I choose to live, isn't completely vegetarian either. I don't believe that I should eat meat that was abused in its life -- I don't believe I should thrive on something that's inefficiency is killing the land around it -- I believe I need to make smart choices as to what I consume and not assume an all or nothing attitude when it comes to whether or not I will eat lasagna or vegetarian lasagna.
 




photo credit: Sergiu Bacioiu via photopin cc

1 comment:

  1. This is interesting because I just eat & drink whatever and do not really think about what is going in my body except knowing it will be good. I am going to have to look further into this diet.

    ReplyDelete